Wednesday 25 January 2012

My first Sasha Morgenthaler Studio doll

Well, here is the special doll arrived last week in our Sasha's family :-)
She is far from perfect, but she is the first Studio doll to see in person, and now I know,
that in my wish list is the next one.
A many thanks to Shelly for helping me in the adoption.
For those of you who don't know her site here is a direct link.
Shelly's website
Thanks again Shelly, she is happy at her new home!

I was busy, busy to create a wardrobe for her, and since she is the bigges doll I have sew for, I had to draw all the patterns.
At the picture she is wearing a dress, created from a completely hand-sewn vintage baby dress from the 50's. After testing the material  it came out that is a pure wool!
Front and back of the yoke are with the original hand-stitching, but the rest was done using the sewing machine, and as well a lot of hand-stitching inside.
This colour of the dress would be better for a doll with dark hair.






8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Petrana, how very wonderful that you have a studio doll, she is delightful! So pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I am very happy to have her, but she still does not have a name.
    My husband does not like the names from my list (I have 12 names on it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow, a studio doll! She is lovely, and I hope you find a name that suits her soon.
    enjoy making clothes for her

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply sashaJanuary 26, 2012

    What a pretty girl! What a lucky girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting girl.
    Have you got a name for her yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is an amazing looking doll. Her eyes are stunning. Very sweet facial expression. She is beautiful. Is she already a vinyl doll? Looks like it. The head looks like a different material, though. I don't know enough about these dolls. The dress is very pretty, too. Did you make it? Silly question!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Petrana, the Studio Doll was adopted from me! To let you know a little about her I bought her with a sister (who I still have). I called your doll Donna as she resembled my sister and the one I have resembled me. I am glad that you are her owner, I have bought shoes from you before and am glad she is with a true Sasha collector.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamamy, it's good to know who was the owner of my girl. I wish to knew her name when I got her, but her present name is quite close to that you gave her.
      Now her name is Dorisanne, I named her after Dorisaane Osborn who wrote the book "Sasha Dolls: Throughout the Years".
      I'll have to make some pictures of her so you can see that she is well taken care of. Where can I see pictures of her sister?

      Delete